- BIRTHPLACE: MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA
- DOB: 1/31/1990
- HEIGHT: 5’7″
- WEIGHT: 170 LBS
- POSITION: SCRUM HALF (9)
- 25 caps for XV’s and 15 caps World Series for 7’s
- Debuted on the HSBC World Sevens Series at Dubai in 2012
- Made Eagles debut in XV’s in 2016 against Italy and became Eagle no. 491.
- Captained and led the USA Eagles to back to back ARC Championships in 2017 & 2018.
- Was named MLR “First XV” at scrum half in the 2019 season. Went on to play in Rugby World Cup 2019 for the Eagles.
Nate’s speed and rugby IQ propelled him to success as a University of Minnesota Collegiate All-American in rugby. His play at the collegiate level, as well as, the Men’s club sevens level with the Youngbloodz got him noticed by USA rugby talent scouts. Nate had his first chance to wear the red, white, and blue jersey in 2012 on the HSBC World Sevens Series. The next two years became a learning period for him. Fighting at the international level day in day out was a big step up from his beginnings. After injury, narrowly missing RWC 2013, and being cut by the 7’s team, Nate’s journey brought him to NYC where he fell in love with Old Blue RFC. No time was wasted, Augspurger quickly was back into the USA Sevens set up in 2015. Augspurger went on to make his impact with the team, going on tour after tour, and eventually helping the USA win their first ever World Series Tournament Cup in London. In 2016, Nate went to the Rio de Janeiro Olympics as a traveling reserve. In that same year, Nate was given the opportunity to play in his first international XV’s match. Following his trip to the 2016 Olympics, Augspurger directed his energy and determination towards the code of rugby union. Since then, he has acquired a professional contract with the San Diego Legion, recorded 25 caps for the USA Eagles, and played at Rugby World Cup 2019. Nate’s journey is one of hard work and persistence. After a few career milestone achievements and as things were halted by COVID-19 in early 2020, Nate remains committed to raising his game at the age of 30.